Research Support and Facilities
The School of Law has a multi-faceted approach to supporting students. All postgraduate research students are allocated a primary and secondary supervisor, who are members of academic staff with detailed knowledge of the doctoral programme and supervision process.
You will meet with your supervisors regularly and they will act as a source of confidential support. In addition to your supervisors, you are welcome to contact the PhD Programme Coordinator of the research degree programme at any point.
Supervisors also act as an important source of support. Throughout the duration of your studies you will develop a strong working relationship with your supervisors, and they will provide you with assistance and support as you carry out your research.
You will benefit from:
- a comprehensive introduction to the school
- an annual research presentation day which involves all research students, with all academics invited
- an annual review of your progress for monitoring and support
- a minimum of 10 supervision meetings per year for full-time students, and six for part-time students
- funding opportunities for presenting at conferences and workshops
- opportunities to build your paid teaching experience by delivering undergraduate tutorials after successful completion of Differentiation
- access to free personal and professional development courses offered by the Graduate School
The School of Law has dedicated offices for PhD students. You will have access to your own desk study space with your own computer.
The McClay Library, located at the entrance to the Botanical Gardens, has a dedicated section for law resources, providing an extensive range of textbooks, journals, reports and other resources.
The Graduate School
Representing the needs of postgraduate students across the University, the Graduate School provides research training and development for postgraduates and early career researchers.
Our programmes are based on thorough training in research methods and we encourage you to take part in numerous exciting seminars, conferences and events.
We offer modern library, IT services and a wide-range of support services. You will be living in one of Europe’s most exciting cities which has a vibrant cultural and social life.
Our Graduate School Researcher Development Programme will support you to plan your professional development over the course of your PhD and ensure your employability.
The Graduate School offers an intellectual and social hub that connects students across all disciplines to one another, and to mentors, leaders, and employers within the university and beyond.
For more information get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org